9.9.22

Dear Busan, Fourth Time's the Charm! - Day 1

Yes, you read that right. Four times.
I have been to Busan far too many times than I'd like to admit.

Don't get me wrong. Busan is a very beautiful seaside city. Very lively, vibrant, and full of energy. 

Though I have to say, the way people speak there is just very alien to me. No joke. After two years of living in Seoul, you might think "Dhanisa must be fluent in Korean now!" Well, jokes on you - nothing has ever prepared me enough for Busan's dialect. Nothing. Even after the fourth visit. 

Not only they speak very fast, but they also speak with different 억양, or tones, than the regular Korean I'm used to. I couldn't help but felt dumb after every encounter with shopkeepers or waitresses. Or basically with Busan people in general.

BUT - language matter aside, I'm in love with this city.

Summer in Busan really is something. 
The sun, the humidity, the breeze. It felt like I was back in my home country. 

The second Lisa and I arrived in Busan, we head straight to the hotel - we dropped our luggages and straighten our legs. Just when everything seemed perfect we had a silly incident where we thought we were locked in our room because we couldn't open our door. We spent a good 15 mins just trying to get out of our room. 
Spoiler alert: it wasn't the door, it was us weaklings who were unable to channel our optimum strength to open the door. To our defense, the door was ridiculously heavy. 


our hotel room at Seomyeon


Our first pick for lunch was actually 양산도's 장어구이 (grilled eel) in Seomyeon, but we got there a little bit late and everything was sold out. So, we headed to our second option, a Japanese restaurant called 마마도마! 




Then the rest of the day was spent peacefully at Haeundae beach and then dinner.





A trip to Busan wouldn't be a trip to Busan without seafood, am I right?
So, putting seafood in our itinerary is in order and our choice of seafood was of course 조개구이!
We went randomly to one restaurant very close to the beach and it was indeed a nice closure for our first day in Busan ♡